Monday 12 April 2010

Overhaul.

Time for change, I think. I refuse to let the last few weeks define me. The fact that I felt nothing short of sheer terror on my return to London makes me think that there's a distinct possibility that things are not entirely well with on planet me. Therefore, I have decided to change. Things I will no longer do:

> Wear all black. This is never a good look. Colour is my friend and it's time I embraced it.

> Spend all day in bed. This never fails to make me feel like a complete waste of human life. Therefore, I will find something to do with every day from now on. There's a whole city outside my front door and instead of hating it, it's time I embraced it.

>Drink to excess. This is a big one. Lately, I have gotten to a point where I cannot go out of a night without having drunk at least a bottle of wine before, and then continuing to drink at wherever I am. This leads to embarrassing levels of drunkenness, followed by public displays of stupidity and terrible decisions that lead to spending the next day in a relatively depressed and all round sorry state while I attempt to piece together exactly where the night went wrong. It's like that film The Hangover, only not funny. Not even one bit. And, to my knowledge, I've never married a stripper.

> Panic about the fact that I'm single. I say this now, but give it a few hours and I'll, once again, be convinced that I am horrible and will die alone. Still, I like to think intention goes some way to achieving the desired result.

Things I will do:

> New look. Sort of. I will endeavour to at least make a small effort to make myself look nice every day. I find that, and this is probably universal, if I look good then I feel good and my day tends to go a little better - or at least starts well.

> I will go to museums, read books and generally become less ignorant of the world I live in.

> I will concentrate on the things and people that are important to me and worth my time. Priorities include: University, Family, Friends (with certain exceptions).

> I will become better and sorting those worth my time from those who are not. It's terrible cliche, but I shall no longer waste time on people who would not waste time on me. It sounds harsh, but necessary.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment